Saturday, November 25, 2006

Less Than 3 Weeks To Go!

Less than three weeks to go until this baby arrives! I had to go into the hospital on Thursday and they booked me in for a caesarian on December 15th at 11.30am. Its like booking in for a hair cut isn't it...



Anyway, I'm actually feeling much more relaxed now that I know I am booked in. I can still decide not to have it if I want to try normally, but given the fact they said I'd only have about a 40% chance of being able to have him normally, I think I might spare the risk and just get it over and done with! The recovery will obviously be a lot longer but I know how disappointed I would be if I went through another 15 hour labor and still ended up with a c-section. Plus, this way I can guarantee he won't be born Christmas day! And we will be home by then too.

They think I will have to stay about 4days, I don't know how I'm going to go leaving Noah for that long. As nuts as he drives me sometimes, I've never been away from him for that long before! But I'm sure he'll have a great time wherever he ends up, and he can always come in to visit everyday.
The doctor didn't actually say exactly how big she thought the baby was, but she did say she thinks he is smaller than Noah was. And I think I am a lot smaller than what I was when I was having Noah, although I still feel huge! I guess he does still have some growing to do, he is only 36weeks.

I have got the nursery all ready to go, if you can call it that. Its set up in the corner of our bedroom...how fun for us! It will be fantastic when he has his own room.



But I am totally organised, clothes and sheets are washed. I've got all the bottles and formula ready to go, I just haven't actually packed my bags yet! But I'm sure I have plenty of time, although you never know...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow your belly looks so cute!!! i love the little nursery corner, it will be very cosy for you all.