Thursday, February 28, 2008

Bed Time....


Here is Noah's new sleeping arrangement. The last few weeks we have been having the bad dreams, the not wanting to be alone, having to leave the light on and, most recently, the sleeping in my bed :-(
I am NOT a fan of kids sleeping in my room, let alone my bed. So it had to stop! I think maybe it was just the big change of going to school and Noah feeling a bit unsettled. He hasn't been himself all week, even at Kids Paradise he wasn't happy. And on Tuesday morning when I took him to school, we had a few tears because he didn't want to stay.
But when I picked him up that afternoon he was a bit brighter and told me how he had made a new friend. And while I was in town I bought him a very special present - his own little radio. So my Mum gave him a relaxing cd to listen to at bedtime which she told him "was special music to keep the bad dreams away" , plus I bought him some more glow in the dark stars for his ceiling so he could look at them when he goes to bed. All this, combined with leaving his lamp on of course, WORKED!
I don't know if it's because he is happier at school or the cd or what but he is back in his own bed, no more bad dreams and no more sleepness nights.
Hooray!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Hooray he looks so peaceful.

Melany aka Supermom said...

It's terrible when you don't know what's up and why they aren;t completely happy. Good to know things are ok now