Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Creepy Building Guys...

So Tim and Spitta finished up on Friday. They have to come back in a couple of weeks to finish off the door frames and a few small things once the plasterer has come through and we've painted everything. Anyway, the plasterer is starting tomorrow...

He called in this morning, just to have a look. He was creepy. Really really creepy. I locked the door behind him when he left just in case he came back. He reminded me of "Papa Elf" off that Will Ferrell movie "Elf"...Except without the nice, kind personality. He looked just like him and spoke in this weird voice...I could barely understand the guy. So glad we are NOT going to be here when he's doing the plaster...

THEN the guys delivered the cornice at lunch time, they only just left. Now you would have thought it was pretty obvious I wasn't doing the reno's myself and that I probably had a partner who lived here with me - that didn't stop him staring at me! You know in the movies when the guy totally looks someone up and down? He did that! It was beyond obvious...it totally weirded me out! I'm sure he was a nice, harmless guy but still!

So that's my "creepy builders" story for today - bring back Tim and Spitta I say!!!

3 comments:

Samantha said...

We have a creepy building guy that comes round here to fix the things for LJ Hooker... hes old and creeps me out cause one minute he is not there, then the next he is.
I am pretty peeved off though, we were away in Cairns while mum and dad were here and he came to fix the clothes line. Thats all well and good but they didnt have our permission to be on the property.I know its a rental but they have to ask first. Its not like they didnt have our phone numbers.
The next thing that peeved me off was that he put a tech screw in the clothesline instead of replacing the clip, so now the clothesline doesnt fold up. I like to fold it up cause of all the wind incase it breaks. Stupid bugger.

Craig, Robyn, Noah and Kaiden... said...

oh my gosh - when i rented through LJ Hooker I had endless trouble!! I went over 2 months with no heater because they wouldn't pay for someone from Launceston to come out and look at it! And when someone finally did, LJ Hooker got all bitchy cos I wasn't home and "how can we fix it if you aren't even there"...I didn't know they were coming! They were horrid, horrid people...I'd be homeless beofre I rented through them again!!

Samantha said...

Yeah we have had so much trouble with them lately its not funny. We have asked countless times for the kitchen to be fixed. We are having trouble with the oven and then under the sink is completely water damaged from the previous owners so of course there are bugs in there so we are constantly spraying and stuff. Then I think why should I have to keep doing this when its not my house. Its a complete royal.
I cant wait until we can get approved for some finance and buy our own place. Will be a little while off yet but I am waiting for the day I can tell them to stick their house up their bums... and the buggers just put the rent up too! HOW RUDE!!!!!!! lol