Sunday, April 22, 2007

Mindless Babble...

I think we're taking the whole "Lazy Sunday" to a new level...It's heading towards 12pm and not only are the boys and I still in our pj's, but Kaiden and Noah are both back in bed. I can't get motivated to do anything...I taped the end of a movie last night so I sat down for an hour to watch that. Then realised I hadn't even brushed my hair. So my hair is now brushed.

There are a million things to do today - doing dishes, doing bottles, vacuuming, at least two loads of washing, changing everyone's bed sheets. And, besides the bottles which really have to be done or Kaiden will have no lunch, I can pretty much guarantee that NONE of them will get done. What is wrong with me?!

I'm blaming Chantelle. Ever since she came home and MADE me get drunk last weekend, I've been like a space-cadet...Can a hang over last an entire week??

Noah fell down the stairs yesterday afternoon. And I feel terrible because, for starters I didn't see it. I was inside and all I heard was him yell out. And secondly, I thought he was over-reacting a little bit. He was beyond tired and had been accident-prone all day, so I gave him a cuddle and checked him out, he had no scratched or bumps so that was the end of that I thought. But then bed time came around last night and I started washing off all the red face paint...half of it wasn't face paint it was blood! Oh my god, I'm the worst mother in the world... He had a big scrape on the side of his face, a lump on his forehead, scratches all over his cheeks and he's taken the skin off all around his poor little nose. So he must have really crashed, the poor little fella. Next time I promise I will take him more seriously...

Funny Noah quote of the week -
We were driving up to get pizza for tea last night (yes,I was too lazy to cook anything!) and Noah was babbling away in the back. I have no idea who or what he was talking about but he came out with this line "he's a butt-cheek bandet" Where does he come up with these things??

On Tuesday, Erin said they did show-and-tell at Toddle Inn. I didn't know they did it so I didn't send Noah along with anything. But apparently that didn't stop him - he got up in front of everyone and told them a Spiderman story! He's truly obsessed...

Kaiden has to have his needles on Thursday - ouch! Not looking forward to that at all. For him or me. Ouch ouch ouch. Maybe they have something special they can jab me with to give me my energy back.

My tummy is growling, think its lunch time. Wonder if I should get dressed first...

**Edited**

Rightio - lunch is done, yummy re-heated pizza from last night! And I'm dressed. Hallelujah! At least now if somebody turns up on my doorstep I won't look like I've been out all night...

I took some picci's of the house. The slab is down for the shed, the back deck is finished. We are just waiting now for the guy to come and render the bottom of the house, the guy to come and put the cladding on and the guy to come and finish off the plaster inside. Notice how many GUYS we are waiting on?

And how exciting - Princess Mary had a baby girl! Why is it that everyone gets girls except for me? I'm beginning to know how Posh Spice feels. Maybe we could leave our house wrapped in blue plastic forever and use the $$ to adopt a girl...

My plan for this afternoon was to take Noah down to the athletics oval and teach him how to Long Jump...He can start going to Little Athletics next year. Hope he likes it! Mum and I looked up the Little Ath's State Records on the internet the other day and my Long Jump record is still there. I was so happy, I thought someone would have broken it for sure. It wil be 10 years old next year. How old am I feeling right now!!

It looks like it's going to rain...my entertainment for this afternoon could be another movie. I have Brokeback Mountain here to watch, everyone says how good it is. I must be the only one who hasn't seen it!

Think that's enough babble for now....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For the record, it was so not my fault that you have a one week hangover!! Maybe you're just getting too old... Hehe. Kidding! It was great to catch up with everyone, thanks again for organising a get together, you're a star! Hope that you have now recovered..